This hike is off of I-90 and is about 15 miles east of Snoq Pass and is snowfree with perhaps a patchy snow (less than inch) in a few spots. This is south facing so any (most) snow would melt
|View of Mt Stuart from ridge top|
|Check out maps. This hike number 208|
|Lake Kachess @Dennis Long|
|Lake Cle Elum|
|View towards south- Mt. Rainier in distance|
|Fall colors just starting to turn|
|From FS 4818 turn right on an unmarked road with this reflector next to it Waypoint N47.15.976 W121.11.154@ 2260'|
Initially for a very short distance follow sign for for Silver Creek trail 1315 but in less than 1/8 a mile you will notice a dirt path (on your right- unmarked) and turn right on a path to the creek. Then once next to creek and on trail turn left and go a short distance upstream you’ll find the bridge and cross bridge and continue there and follow trail. In about a mile or so , at 3400 feet, you will reach a ridge top and turn right and follow trail 1212 and enjoy ridge top views.
Trail stats From the trailhead to the rocky outcroppings on the ridge crest it is approximately 7 miles round-trip with about 1,700-1,900 feet elevation gain. High point is at about 4500 feet.
The Ten Essentials are items The Mountaineers recommends everyone carry on all trips.
- Navigation (map & compass)
- Sun Protection (sun glasses, sun screen, lip balm)
- Insulation (extra clothing)
- Illumination (flashlight or headlamp, spare bulb & batteries)
- First-Aid Supplies (gauze, tape, etc.)
- Fire (firestarter, matches, lighter)
- Repair Kit (knife, duct tape, tools, spare parts)
- Nutrition (extra food)
- Hydration (extra water, water purification)
- Emergency Shelter (tarp, garbage bag)
|Click to check out our forensic & custom weather services|